February 02, 2005

Karen Mok - Love

莫文蔚 - 爱
Mo Wen Wei - Ai




你还记得吗 记忆的炎夏
ni hai ji de ma / ji yi de yan xia
散落在风中的已蒸发
san luo zai feng zhong de yi zheng fa
喧哗的都已 沙哑
xuan hua de dou yi / sha ya
-
Do you still remember the flaming summer of memories
What was scattered in the wind has evaporated
What was clamouring and loud have all silenced



没结果的花 未完成的牵挂
mei jie guo de hua /wei wan cheng de qian gua
我们学会许多说法
wo men xue hui xu duo shuo fa
来掩饰不碰的 / 伤疤
lai yan shi bu peng de / shang ba
-
Flowers that never blossomed - unfulfilled worries
We've learned many sayings
To cover up the scars that we don't touch



因为我会想起你 / 我害怕面对自己
yin wei wo hui xiang qi ni / wo hai pa mian dui zi ji
我的意志 总被寂寞吞食
wo de yi zhi / zong bei ji mo tun shi
因为你总会提醒 过去总不会过去
yin wei ni zong hui ti xing / guo qu zong bu hui guo xu
有种真爱不是我的
you zhong zhen ai bu shi wo de
-
Because I will think of you, I'm afraid to confront myself
My will is always devoured by my loneliness
Because you always reminded me that what's past will never be gone
There is a kind of true love that will never be mine



假如我不曾爱你 我不会失去自己
jia ru wo bu ceng ai ni / wo bu hui shi qu zi ji
想念的刺 钉住我的位置
xiang nian de ci / ding zhu wo de wei zhi
因为你总会提醒 尽管我得到世界
yin wei ni zong hui ti xing / jin guan wo de dao shi jie
有些幸福不是我的
you xie xing fu bu shi wo de
-
If I had never loved you, I wouldn't have lost myself
The sting of longing nails me into this position
Because you always reminded me that even if I obtain the world
A kind of happiness will never be mine



你还记得吗 记忆的炎夏
ni hai ji de ma / ji yi de yan xia
我终于没选择的分岔
wo zhong yu mei xuan ze de fen cha
最后又有谁 到达
zui hou you you shui / dao da
-
Do you still remember, the flaming summer of memories
That branch of the road that I finally didn't choose
Who has arrived there, in the end?

8 comments:

  1. i think you lyrics bottom half is worng

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, after the first chorus, it goes back to the second part of the verse ("Flowers that never blossomed...")and repeats. I didn't indicate it, but I thought it was pretty easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its the english part that is a bit wrong

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes take some liberties in translation over a purely literal one. I'm still a student of Chinese even if it's my mother language so if there's a glaring mistake, I'd really appreciate for it to be pointed out.

    Which section was it that caught your attention specifically?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for translating lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! thanks for translating and posting this! It's appreciated! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank u.... fantastic translation with great accuracy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the lyric and translation. I know this song since JJ Lin sang it in Meng Xiang de Sheng Yin session I.. I love the way both of Karen Mok or JJ lin sing this song.

    ReplyDelete