June 13, 2008

Amei Zhang - Hostage

张惠妹 - 人质
Zhang Hui Mei - Ren Zhi




我和你啊 存在一种危险关系
wo he ni a / cun zai yi zhong wei xian guan xi
彼此挟持 这另一部分的自己
bi ci xie chi / zhe ling li bu fen de zi ji
本以为这完整了爱的定义
ben yi wei zhe wan zheng le ai de ding yi
那就乖乖的守护着你
na jiu guai guai de shou hu zhe ni
-
Between you and I there exists a dangerous relationship
Both of us constraining under force, this other part of ourselves
I believed that this completed love's definition
So I'll obediently keep guard over you



相爱变成 猜忌怀疑的烂游戏
xiang ai bian cheng / cai ji huai yi de lan you xi
规则是要 憋着呼吸越靠越近
gui ze shi yao / bie zhe hu xi yue kao yue jin
但你的温柔是我唯一沉溺
dan ni de wen rou shi wo wei yi chen ni
你是爱我的就不怕有缝隙
ni shi ai wo de jiu bu pa you feng xi
-
Loving each other turns into a rotten game of suspicion and doubt
The rules are to hold our breaths as we inch closer and closer to each other
But your tenderness is my only indulgence
If you do love me then I won't fear any splintering



在我心上用力的开一枪
zai wo xin shang yong li de kai yi qiang
让一切归零在这声巨响
rang yi qie gui ling zai zhe sheng ju xiang
如果爱是说什么都不能放
ru guo ai shi shuo shen me dou bu neng fang
我不挣扎 反正我也没差
wo bu zheng zha / fan zheng wo ye mei cha
-
Forcefully fire a gunshot onto my heart
Let everything return to nothing with this blaring sound
If love is something that I cannot let go of no matter what is said
I won't struggle; I wasn't the one found lacking



人质在这一刻得到释放
ren zhi zai zhe yi ke de dao shi fang
相爱的纯粹落得如此下场
xiang ai de chun cui luo de ru ci xia chang
你满意吗 我们都别说谎
ni man yi ma / wo men dou bie shuo huang
-
The hostage at this moment gains release
Our love's purity ends in this sorry finale
Are you satisfied? Let's both not lie

4 comments:

  1. Hi. This is a translation with much to say for itself.

    However, I don't read this line the same way as you:

    我不挣扎 反正我也没差

    I don' think the 我也没差 means "I wasn't the one found lacking" I think it's more like "I'm still ok, I'll still be fine/ok, It won't affect me, It doesn't mean anything to me, etc, etc."

    Aside from that, and maybe reworking the gunshot line, or changing it to "into" instead of "onto", the issues are more stylistic in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice translation. Just a few comments: 我也沒差 probably means "anyway, i will be the same person as before."

    also, "你是愛我的就不怕縫隙" probably means "you love me, so i don't fear anything coming between us."

    however, i think your interpretation may also be correct, and i like it too. i guess it means different things to different people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On second thought "你是愛我的就不怕縫隙“ definitely means "IF you truly love me I will not fear splintering (or something coming between us)" so your own translation is correct.

    ReplyDelete